Monday, September 14, 2009

Bad Cats

I have a nasty cold, but my friend who already HAD swine flu tells me I probably don't have swine flu. Or maybe I do, as many cases are quite mild. I did try to warn a French friend not to greet me with the standard French cheek kisses today, but she (bless her heart) announced, "I DON'T CARE!" and bis-ed me anyhow.

Awww.

Come to think of it, the friend who had swine flu is French.

Hmmm.

Last night, while I tossed and turned and snorted and coughed and wheezed and sweated, the cats, performing their nightly Cat Antics, turned on the TV and CHANGED THE CHANNEL. To cartoons.

I awoke, in a fog, trying to figure out why The Spouse was in the living room watching TV loudly at 3:14 in the a.m.

He wasn't, as it turned out.

The cats also, apparently, tried to hack into the computer. Frustrated, they unplugged the keyboard.

Brats.

Tell me again what redeeming features cats bring. Because The Spouse doesn't see any in them.

11 comments:

Elisabeth said...

If I'm not mistaken, you always get sick upon reentering Moscow. Hmmmm . . .

Tina in CT said...

Sorry you're under the weather. Check it out if you don't get better in a day or so.

Cats turning on the TV! That's one I never heard before.

We always had 3 cats while I was growing up but our cats curled up with us at night and slept.

valentina said...

Oh what clever cats you have! At least the retaliatory pooping and peeing has stopped! Hope you can shake this cold soon. Try to get lots of rest and wear ear plugs! xov

The Expatresse said...

I have a dear Russian friend from St. Petersburg who says, "You have Moscow disease!"

I think the cats turned on the TV by romping over the remote. Otto the Dog used to do that. I used to come home and find him watching Jerry Springer.

TRex said...

Behemoth, beware!

Aunt Becky said...

I caught my cat turning on the spot lifter today. If only she'd managed to get up those pesky cat barf stains....

VC said...

Hope you will feel better soon.Try echinacea drops mixed with tea, they sell them in the drug stores there.
VC

Kugo said...

You know what redeeming features the cats bring? They give you great stories for your blog. We readers enjoy their antics. Hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks!

Kelly

Kugo said...

I know I already commented but I just went back and caught up on your blog, since you are back in Moscow. I'm so glad you are back, I thoroughly enjoyed catching up and the pictures! Love seeing everything through your eyes.

Kelly

The Expatresse said...

Kelly: Thanks. <3

I was just working on dinner and trying to think of something to write about . . .

Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton,LV Luggage,LV Wallets,LV Agendas,LV Belts,LV Shoes,LV Accessories,Gucci,Gucci Wallets,Gucci Shoes,Marc Jacobs handbags,Marni handbags,Miu Miu handbags,Mulberry handbags,Prada handbags,Thomaswylde handbags,TOD handbags,Bottega Veneta handbags,D&G handbags,Dior handbags,YSL handbags,Coach handbags