Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh, the Weather Outside Is Frightful

Yesterday afternoon around 3:00, I suddenly looked out the window and realized something was different:



Same scene, about 9:00 p.m.



Playing with the flash. Now you can see the snowflakes. And the Continuing Hell that is Moscow Rush Hour. It's after 9:00 in the p.m. people!



And, again, this morning:



The sidewalks have been swept, so they should now be Nice and Litigiously Slippery. Perhaps today is the day to try out the YakTrax I brought back from the US.

Seriously, though. This is what I signed up for. If I am going to live in Moscow, I want it to be snowy.

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Aren't you glad that you were snug in your jammies in your apt. looking down and not in the traffic like my daughter was?

I remember the icy sidewalks from my Xmas visit 5 years ago. Here i CT it snows one day and you need boots but the next day the parking lots are clear when you go to work or shopping.

katbat said...

ooh - let me know how the yaktrax work for you - I have been looking at them on Amazon - those and the Stabilizers cleats - did you get the "glow in the dark" ones? :-)

The Expatresse said...

You know, the girls and I have these fluorescent green ones. I bet they DO glow in the dark. The Spouse got black, but that was just a size issue.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. Jealous.

Kugo said...

I saw these pictures on your facebook and they are crazy, the night time one looks like a parking lot but the snow is oh so pretty. For now...

Major Allen Espy said...

amanda, you must go swimming in freezing temperatures with the wooly russian men and babushkas...and then blog about it, of course. photos and perhaps a youtube instructional video would be nice.