Friday, November 6, 2009

My Favorite Moscow Museum: Decorative, Applied, and Folk Art

I've mentioned this funny little museum before, as I've been probably four times now. But today I finally remembered to bring my camera.

For the record, the price of the camera permit (100 rubles) was more than the cost for me (50 rubles) and the girls (20 rubles each) to get in.

Also, for the record, today is Friday. All the sites I looked at said the museum is closed on Fridays.

Below are a few pictures of things I really like there. Blogger isn't the best place to share large quantities of photos, so I will put them all on the blog's Facebook page. But here's a taste.

The little train engine is a samovar.











3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I want to go there when I'm in Moscow next month.

Anonymous said...

On your first picture,the carved wooden boards, what are they for?
I know them, I have seen them before, but can not remember what they are for. Are they devices to spin the wool?
In any case they are adorable.
Olga

The Expatresse said...

Olga: Yes, they are for spinning or weaving wool. You sit on them and work off the tall part.